Sindh govt denies The News, Jang report
KARACHI: A spokesman for the Sindh government has rejected contents of an article by Ansar Abbasi, The News editor investigation, published in the dailies The News and Jang on Thursday (November), says a press release.
He said the report was imaginary, concocted and contradictory to facts, and part of propaganda campaign being carried out against President Asif Ali Zardari, who is also the PPP co-chairman.
He refuted the allegations against members of the Sindh cabinet and the powers enjoyed by the Sindh chief minister, terming them unfounded. The spokesman said all of them had been discharging their duties in accordance with the constitution and law.
“These reports are simply aimed at denting the government’s credibility and an attempt to create hurdles against the democratic process in the country,” he added. Ansar Abbasi adds: The Sindh government’s clarification is uncalled for as the story contained the versions of adviser to the chief minister on information, the spokesman for Bilawal House and Personal Secretary of Mr Tappi.
In his response, the Bilawal House spokesman was even quoted as terming such reports part of the propaganda to malign President Zardari. The report did not level any allegation against the chief minister and his cabinet members. It only talked of the powers and role of Mr Tappi, who the sources insist behave like defacto Sindh chief minister.
The effectiveness of the chief minister is already known to all and sundry. The report was professionally done; therefore, terming it part of some conspiracy against democracy and the elected government is nothing, but the figment of spokesman. The News stands by the story.
Source: The News