Big fire destroys Dadu Press Club
DADU: A big fire hit the building of Dadu Press Club on Saturday reducing everything present inside to ashes.
President of the club Sabir Hussain Bhand told the media and police that all costly furniture and fixtures, electrical and electronic equipment, including five air-conditioners, four computers, three LED TVs and two refrigerators, besides the entire official record, were destroyed by the blaze.
He said the fire might have caused by an electrical short circuit. It spread swiftly and engulfed the entire structure but caused no casualties, he added.
He estimated the losses at several million rupees
Office-bearers and other members of the press club have urged the caretaker Sindh government to release a matching special grant to rebuild and rehabilitate the club premises.