Woman escapes from two-year captivity -Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF)

Paksitan Press Foundtion

Woman escapes from two-year captivity

Staff Report

OKARA: A woman who was abducted two years ago and subjected to rape during the time escaped on Thursday. She also bore two children that were allegedly fathered by one her captors during the time. Zahida Parveen of village 49/2L was returning home from her parents along with her two daughters Sana, 8, and Sonia, 6, in a rickshaw on 20 August, 2004. When she reached the Ambanwali Pulley, Fazal Haq and Zafar Iqbal of village 49-A/2L intercepted the rickshaw and forced Parveen and her two daughters into the car and drove off. They kept Parveen and her children in Vehari, Karachi, Haripur, Hazara and Lahore during the two years. Haq allegedly raped the woman and fathered one and a half year old Saba and three months old Savera. On Thursday, Zahida escaped and returned to her parents along with her daughters. The Sadar Okara police has registered a case.

According to another rape case registered with the Depalpur city police, Zahida Parveen d/o Noor Ahmad Mir Alam of Pir De Hatti who was abducted from her home on June 6, 2006 escaped and returned home. According to the first information report, ParveenÂ’s brother-in-law Munawar of 7/D came to her on that day and told her that she would have to go with him, as her sister was in critical condition. Parveen took the Rs 70,000 which her father had kept at home and went with Munawar. At Okara, Maqsood and Kala also joined Munawar. They kidnapped Parveen and took her to an unknown place, snatched the cash and kept her in detention for four months. Munawar allegedly raped her on gunpoint during the time. On Thursday, she escaped from her captors and returned home. In another incident, Nasira d/o Noor Ahmad Kamboh of village 22/RB was raped by Arshad. The accused allegedly kidnapped Nasira at gunpoint from her farmhouse and then raped her in a nearby sugarcane field. The accused then fled when villagers reached the spot after hearing the girl’s cries. The Renala Khurd city police has registered a case.
Source: Daily Times