U.S. Embassy invites Application for 2012 General Election Embed Program
Islamabad July 10, 2012 – U.S. Embassy Islamabad invites applications for the 2012 General Election Embed Program. Under this program, foreign journalists will be assigned to work alongside American media outlets in “battleground” states in the final days of the U.S. presidential election October 24 – November 9, 2012. During this time applicants will be able to cover the election for their parent news organizations.
Applicants must be individual print, radio, TV, and web-based reporters from reputable media organizations. Please note no TV crews are allowed. Freelance journalists will be considered, but will need a very strong justification. Candidates should be motivated and self- reliant. Although host media organizations will provide advice and assistance, participants will be responsible for their own work plans and reporting schedules. Candidates should be able to speak English at a level that allows them to work in a professional manner in an American setting. Successful nominees will have 4/4 English. Interpretation cannot be provided.
Please fill the form and return to us at firstname.lastname@example.org NO LATER THAN COB Thursday July 12, 2012.
Public Affairs Section
U.S. Embassy Islamabad
Stay connected with http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/
U.S. Embassy invites Application for 2012 General Election Embed Program Application Form
Please fill the following form and return to us at email@example.com NO LATER THAN COB Thursday July 12, 2012
1. Full Name with salutation:
2. Employing organization:
3. Country of citizenship:
4. Date and Place of Birth:
5. Passport Number and expiration date:
6. E-mail address:
7. Cell phone number:
8. Prior USG Sponsored Travel/ international travel:
9. English Comprehension/Speaking Level (1-4 scale) (4 is highest):
10. Short Justification (why do you want to do the program) (300 words):
11. Briefly identify issues that will make a difference for the development of democracy in your country.
12. Describe your media organization’s influence, political orientation, and audience size and composition.
13. Biography of the Applicant (journalistic background)
Please attach a copy of your passport with the application form.
Please send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org No LATER THAN COB July 12, 2012. Incomplete application or received after the due date will not be considered.