Ban on meetings with Mansehra rape victim extended till Sept 5
MANSEHRA: District and Sessions Judge Syed Rafique Shah on Monday extended the ban on meetings with a rape victim till September 5 on the request of the District Bar Association of Mansehra.
The lawyers led by president of the association Shahjahan Khan Swati appeared before the district and sessions judge to seek the extension of the ban on meetings with Sonia, an alleged rape victim.
Earlier this month, she accused the officials at the City and Kaghan police stations of raping her. She was staying at a hotel in Mansehra along with her boyfriend who reportedly abandoned her. The police arrested her for wandering alone.
“Chief Justice of Supreme Court Iftikhar Mohammad Chaudhry is in Karachi on account of his official engagements. A delegation of the district bar will call on him when he returns to seek his support for the rape victim,” Swati said. He said it was not an ordinary case as a poor and helpless girl had been raped at the police stations which were supposed to provide protection to the vulnerable segments of the society.
The District Bar Association Mansehra earlier rejected a judicial commission constituted by Chief Justice of Peshawar High Court Dost Mohammad Khan under a civil judge to investigate the case.