Transfers and postings banned in education dept -Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF)

Paksitan Press Foundtion

Transfers and postings banned in education dept

By Saleem Shahid

QUETTA: The Balochistan government has banned transfers and postings in the education department for three months.

According to sources, the decision was taken on Tuesday at a meeting presided over by Chief Minister Nawab Aslam Raisani when Education Minister Tahir Mehmood said a majority of ministers and MPAs visited his office for postings and transfers of their favourite people.

The chief minister said tests and interviews for recruiting 5,400 teachers under the Aghaz-i-Huqooq Balochistan package had been conducted in all the districts of the province and the process must be completed on a fast-track basis. He said transparency and merit must be observed while issuing appointment letters to the selected candidates. “It is our moral obligation to select the best teachers,” he added.

It was decided that two more boards of intermediate and secondary education would be set up in Makran and Zhob divisions to facilitate the students of remote areas.

The chief minister said his government would leave no stone unturned in providing maximum resources for improving the educational standards.

He instructed the civil authorities and law-enforcement agencies to ensure fool-proof security around educational institutions in the wake of the recent spate of terrorism in the country. “We must ensure that there is no break in academic activities and teachers and students are provided a peaceful environment in schools, colleges and universities,” Nawab Raisani said.
Source: Dawn