Teenager denies she was kidnapped -Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF)

Paksitan Press Foundtion

Teenager denies she was kidnapped

MULTAN, July 17: The 13-year-old girl, believed to be kidnapped on April 14, had left her house on her own because of violence of her mother towards her and had married a man of her choice, City Police Officer (CPO) Saud Aziz told reporters on Thursday.

The ‘kidnapping’ of Sana, alias Bubbli, hit the headlines when her father, Muhammad Subhan, committed suicide on July 5 for alleged police pressure on him to reconcile with the people nominated in a first information report (FIR) regarding the kidnapping of Sana.

Mr Aziz said police had brought an FIR against Sub-Inspector Muhammad Akram and Assistant Sub-Inspector Muhammad Aslam for demanding bribe from Subhan. He said Akram had been arrested, and Aslam was on interim bail.

The CPO said the girl in a statement under section 164 before the area magistrate said she had left her house because of “harsh attitude” of her mother. After leaving the house, she married Abdul Rehman.

Subhan, of Latifabad, got an FIR lodged with Qutabpur police on April 14 that Shehzad, Munawwar and Shamshad Bibi had kidnapped his daughter. Subhan killed himself on July 5 and his widow Perveen Bibi alleged that her husband had committed suicide as police had pressured him to reconcile with the accused.

Sana, also present at the press conference, said she had left her house due to the violent attitude of her mother.
Source: Dawn