Shocking revelations of Arshad Sharif’s assassination come to light | Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF)

Pakistan Press Foundation

Shocking revelations of Arshad Sharif’s assassination come to light

Pakistan Press Foundation

LAHORE (Dunya News) – New shocking revelations have come to light in the murder case of senior Pakistani journalist and anchor person Arshad Sharif, who was brutally martyred in Kenya.

The revelations were made by senior journalist Kamran Shahid in his program “On the Front” on Dunya News.

Unearthing shocking details of regarding the cold-blooded assassination of Arshad Sharif, Kamran Shahid said that the senior journalist was brutally tortured for over three hours and his nails were pulled from fingers before being martyred, while his fingers and ribs were also broken due to severe torture.

Terming it a premeditated assassination, he said shots were fired from a close range on the back of his [Arshad Sharif] head.

The “On the Front” host further said that the presence of 10 American instructors and trainers at the shooting range has also been revealed on the day of Arshad Sharif was martyred in Kenya.

“At eight o clock on the night of October 23, Arshad Sharif was shot while going in the car with Khurram, who took him [Arshad Sharif] by a long way instead of the usual one on the day the anchorperson was martyred,” he added.

It was also revealed in Dunya News program that Khurram usually used the shooting range road, but that night he took the Magadi Highway route instead of the normal route despite its distance, while the investigation was also not well co-operated, Pakistani investigators asked about the people on the range but the Kenyan authorities did not provide information.

Kamran Shahid also revealed that 10 American instructors and trainers were also present where Arshad Sharif was martyred and he also had dinner with American instructors and others on October 22 and 23.

Autopsy Report

On October 27, initial autopsy report of slain senior journalist Arshad Sharif revealed that the anchorperson succumbed to his wounds almost 30 minutes after being shot.

An eight-member medical board constituted by the federal government conducted an autopsy on the body of Arshad Sharif at the Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS), Islamabad.

The medical board examined Sharif s body and conducted forensic, toxicological, and pathology tests in addition to performing the autopsy in accordance with the standard operating procedures (SOPs).

According to the initial report available with Dunya News, “Bullet injuries in his head and the right lung were the causes of his death.”

Samples of various organs, including the heart, lungs, and stomach, were obtained for forensic analysis. A final report will be issued once reports of pathology, toxicology and forensics are made available to the board, the medical board added.

Source: Dunya News

Comments are closed.