In the line of fire
– Khadim Hussain Sheikh, Bureau Chief of a daily Urdu newspaper and local Sindhi channel was murdered on April 14, 2008 near Hub in Baluchistan. He is the second journalist killed in the troubled province in one year.
The journalists killed last year are:
– Chisthi Mujahid of weekly Akhbar-e-Jehan, who was shot dead in Quetta
– Zubair Ahmed Mujahid of daily Jang, killed in Mirpurkhas
– Mehboob Khan, freelance journalist killed in Charsada, during the bomb blast on the rally of former Interior Minister Aftab Ahmed Khan Sherpao
– Noor Ahmed Khan, killed in Bajaur during a roadside blast
– Javed Khan, photojournalist for an Urdu daily newspaper was killed while covering Lal Masjid battle in Islamabad
– Mohammad Arif Khan, cameraman of a private TV channel, killed during the bomb blast on late Benazir Bhutto’s procession on October 17
– Rab Nawaz Chandio, reporter for a daily newspaper, killed by unknown person in Thatta and Syed Komail Mashadi.
Source: The News