Fire damages gadgets in Gulshan Town IT office
Karachi – An electrical short-circuit started a fire on Sunday in the IT section of the Gulshan-e-Iqbal Town office. The City District Government Karachi (CDGK) immediately called fire tenders which extinguished the blaze and prevented major losses. A spokesperson of the Town told The News that servers, printers, UPS, projectors, scanners, modems, telephone exchanges, monitors, printer cartridges, toners, and fire extinguishers stored in a single room were damaged by the fire. The data in the server was also kept as a back up so it was not lost. The IT room contains all the records of salaries and budgets and it was also saved by the watch and ward of the Town office.
Source: The News