Advanced Professional Development in U.S.!
Advanced Professional Development in the U.S.!
2005-2006 Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Competition
Application Deadline: July 1, 2004
The United States Educational Foundation in Pakistan, a bi-national commission, invites applications for the Hubert H. Humphrey program. The Humphrey program seeks to improve mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of Pakistan.
This non-degree program brings mid-career professionals to the United States for 10 months of academic study and an opportunity to work for a short time with a U.S. organization in the same profession. Persons selected are expected to share, information about life, culture, and their profession in Pakistan with their U.S. colleagues and with community groups.
Applicants are invited from the public and private sector in the following fields:
– Agricultural Development/ Agricultural Economics
– Drug Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
– Economic Development
– Educational Planning and Administration
– Finance and Banking
– HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
– Human Resource Management
– Law and Human Rights
– Natural Resources and Environmental Management
– Nonproliferation Studies
– Public Health Policy and Management
– Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
– Teaching Of English as a Foreign Language (Teacher Training or Curriculum Development)
– Technology Policy and Management
– Prevention of Trafficking In Persons and Policy (Development And Management For Anti-Trafficking Efforts)
– Urban and Regional Planning
Successful applicants must he committed to serving Pakistan in the public, NGO, or private sector. They must be Pakistani citizens with a minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional/work experience and a guarantee of re-employment upon return to Pakistan. They must possess a high level of fluency in spoken and written English, with a recent TOEFL score of 210 or higher. Successful candidates should be poised to assume a leadership position in their field rid should have an M.A. or M. Sc. or a comparable professional degree. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. USEFP will assist with the visa application process.
Not eligible to apply are university teachers or researchers with no management experience or responsibilities, those who attended graduate school in the U.S. in the last seven years or who have had long-term U.S. experience in the past five years. Dual U.S./Pakistani citizens are also ineligible.
For more information or to obtain an application and guideliness, please go to our new website coming soon at www.usefpakistan,org. You may also call the Foundation (051-2278344) or you may send a self-addressed, stamped enveloped with Rs10 to Hubert H. Humphrey Competition, USEFP, P.0., Box 11 28, Islamabad 44000.