Three Frontier Corps men killed in Quetta blast -Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF)

Paksitan Press Foundtion

Three Frontier Corps men killed in Quetta blast

By: Muhammad Ejaz Khan

QUETTA: Three paramilitary force personnel were killed and 10 others were injured, some of them seriously, in a powerful bomb blast on the Sariab Road in the provincial capital on Friday.

Confirming the number of deaths, independent sources said that three persons were killed in the explosion, while officials of the police said that two personnel of the Frontier Corps (FC) were killed in the blast.

Police said that unidentified persons had parked a bicycle laden with explosives near a vehicle of the FC in Musa Colony on the Sariab Road. The explosive device went off with a big bang at around 5:05 pm, and its thud was heard several kilometres away in the provincial capital.

As many as 13 people, including three personnel of the FC, sustained multiple injuries smoke blanketed the scene after the explosion and people were seen running here and there in search of safety, said one of the witnesses while talking to The News.

As many as 13 people, including three personnel of FC, sustained multiple injuries when splinters of the explosive material hit them. Three of them breathed their last on the spot. Ten others, who were injured in the explosion, were shifted to different hospitals. The injured were shifted to civil hospital for medical treatment where conditions of some of them are stated to be precarious, hospital sources said.

Later, the critically injured were shifted to CMH for medical treatment.Officials of the police, FC and administration reached the spot and cordoned off the area as officials of the bomb disposal examined the site of the blast. They later told that eight to 10 kg of high power explosive material was used in the explosion.

Apparently, it was an attempt to target the FC patrolling team, said DIG Investigation Hamid Shakil while talking to newsmen. He added that it was a remote controlled device and eight to 10 kilograms explosive material had been used in the explosion.

Meanwhile, Balochistan Chief Minister Nawab Muhammad Aslam Raisani has strongly condemned the Sariab Road explosion. In his message he expressed his deep grief over the lost of precious lives and prayed for early recovery of the injured. He lauded the services of police and FC and warned that those involved in the explosions would be utterly failed in their nefarious designs.

The News