Six nabbed for attacking TV channel’s office
KARACHI: The Sindh Police on Tuesday claimed to have nabbed six men, reportedly involved in the armed attack on the office of private TV channel and local newspaper from Patel Para besides confiscating their weapons.
DSP Qaiser Ali Shah said that the police raided a place in Patel Para and arrested six suspects besides confiscating their weapons. He said five detained persons were of Pakhtoon descent while one Baloch. “None of the accused’s political affiliations have so far been reported,” he added. DSP Shah said that all arrested suspects had criminal records while two of them were rickshaw drivers.
Meanwhile, a case (296/12) was registered against unknown assailants under Sections 324 and 334 of Pakistan Penal Code and Section 7 of Anti-Terrorism Act on the complaint of Fawad, who received multiple bullets in the attack.
Needless to mention, Recorder House, head-office of a private TV channel came under an armed attack, which left two persons injured, late Monday.
One of the four armed riders, who wore Shalwar Kameez and had beards, fired at the Recorder House with an automatic weapon from mid-footpath, leaving two persons, including a press employee, Jawwad, 24 and a security guard, Naseeb Khan, 28 injured. The intense firing damaged the building’s entrance and a vehicle.
According to eyewitnesses, four armed men on two bikes arrived from Patel Para, pulled over at the Business Recorder Road. One of them, who hid an automatic weapon inside his long Kameez, opened indiscriminate gunshots at Recorder House while rest of the attackers kept a watch.
Victim Jawwad received one bullet each in his abdomen, hip and thigh while Naseeb Khan in his right hand and lower torso. staff report