Pakistan Telecommunication Company earns Rs 19 billion net profit during 2001-02 -Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF)

Paksitan Press Foundtion

Pakistan Telecommunication Company earns Rs 19 billion net profit during 2001-02

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) has earned a net profit of over Rs 19 billion during fiscal year 2001-02 as against Rs 18 billion profit last yearn

In an interview with APP here Wednesday, Chairman PTCL, Akhtar A. Bajwa said the total gross revenue of PTCL is about Rs 67 billion with the pre-tax profit of Rs 31 billion.

The Chairman informed that of the total revenue, domestic earnings accounted for Rs 47.5 billion, while those from the international customers is to the tune of around Rs 19.5 billion

He said 70 percent revenue comes from the corporate customers while remaining 30 percent was generated from the general customers. Throwing light on the future plans and measures being adopted to strengthen customer services marketing and make the PTCL competitive in the market, he informed, PTCL. would invest Rs 19 billion for network expansion and to provide cheap and efficient value added services.

A number of new facilities such as on-line billing, one window operation system are being introduced and PTCL would start its implementation by January 2003, he added.

The Chairman said PTCL has introduced several new and advanced services for its customers especially for catering to the needs of the corporate sector through its recently established Value-added Services Division.

He said PTCL has taken several measures relating to billing customer care and improvement in various operational infrastructures of the Company.

The Chairman said on-line billing facility is available in major cities while some projects are in the pipeline including establishment of kiosks, automatic machines, which will be installed at Islamabad, Lahore and Karachi for payment of telephone bills.

The customers will operate these machines by themselves to be installed at all major Customer Services Centres of PTCL and at main petrol pumps, easily accessible to the customers.

Apart from these measures, he said, certain projects with regard to payment of telephone bills were also in the final stages.

One of such projects enables customers to pay their telephone bills through credit cards and also through on-line systems.

PTCL has reduced its tariff for NWD as well as ISD calls thrice within the last two years. This is another step towards customer care and facilitation, he added.

Bajwa said PTCL Management is giving top priority to customer care and customer satisfaction.

For this purpose, all steps are being taken for the introduction of company culture and dealing ‘of customers with politeness and promptness.

The project of the establishment of “Modern Customer Services Centres” is at final stage, where one window operation for the solution of customers’ grievances will be available. Customers may be experiencing a positive change in behaviour of PTCL staff very soon, the Chairman hoped.-APP.
Source: The Business Recorder
Date:8/8/2002