Newsmen stage walkout from NA
ISLAMABAD, MARCH 23: Journalists covering the National Assembly proceedings staged a walkout from the press gallery in protest against the kidnapping of a press photographer, Ishaq Chaudhry.
Deputy opposition leader Syed Khurshid Shah, on a point of order raised the issue in the house when all the journalists walked out from the press gallery. He told the house that Ishaq Chaudhry, a senior photographer of a local English-language daily, was picked up by some unidentified intelligence men from his hostel room late on Sunday night.
Mr Shah said his colleagues had been searching for him for the last 24 hours but they had found no trace of Mm. He said a delegation of newsmen had also met Information Minister Mushahid Hussain who had given them a firm assurance that the missing photographer would be recovered.
Later, the Minister of State for Water and Power, Haleem Siddiqui, the Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission, Ahsan Iqbal, and Prince Mohiyuddin, MNA, came to the press gallery.
Mr Siddiqui, too, held out the assurance that the missing photographer would be traced.