National Party condemns ‘state attack’ on Baloch media
QUETTA: National Party (NP) President Dr Malik Baloch on Friday condemned the alleged state attack on the Baloch media and the kidnapping of a TV anchorperson’s brother.
Addressing a press conference at the Quetta Press Club, Baloch said that he wanted to express his party’s solidarity with anchorperson Razaq Sarbazi, whose brother Jalil Sarbazi was kidnapped. “I’m sure Jalil Sarbazi was picked by the state agencies to intimidate the Baloch media,” he accused.
He further said that Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) had earlier committed acts of violence, and the kidnapping and intimidation of Baloch journalists showed that it was once again repeating the earlier patterns.
Commenting on precarious security situation in Balochistan, he said that entire Baloch society was subject to fear due to the oppressive policies of the state. He lashed out at the PPP government, saying that it had failed to control the situation in the province. He also stressed upon the government to ensure recovery of National Party’s missing members, including Nasarullah Langov and Mukhtar Chalgari.
He alleged that the coercive tactics of the government aimed at hampering the political process in Balochistan. He said that due to uncertainty and insecure atmosphere, Balochistan faced heavy brain drain as doctors, professionals and intellectuals were shifting to other provinces. “This is causing a huge loss to Balochistan,” he said.
He also appealed to the protesting doctors not to boycott the OPDs since a large number of poor patients suffered due to their protest. “The punishment of inefficiency of the government should not be inflicted upon the poor masses,” Baloch opined. He said that Balochistan was being pushed into fire as part of a conspiracy.