JSQM appeal for boycott of Urdu press -Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF)

Paksitan Press Foundtion

JSQM appeal for boycott of Urdu press

Pakistan Press Foundation

LARKANA: The Jeay Sindh Qaumi Mahaz (JSQM) has appealed to its supporters to boycott the Urdu press, saying that Urdu TV channels and newspapers had either blacked out or given negligible coverage to the party’s March 23 event in Karachi.JSQM vice chairman Dr Niaz Kalani expressed his dismay over what he described as unfair coverage, and also resentment over the forensic experts’ claim that steel nails and ball-bearings were found in the burnt-out car in which the charred bodies of two key JSQM activists were found near Bhiriya City on Friday.

Speaking to mourners and journalists at the soyem of the activists — Maqsood Qureshi and Salman Wadho —Mr Kalani along with party chief Sannan Qureshi and other central leaders at Qureshi House on Wednesday said the claim made in the forensic reports as ‘fact’ was a ‘drama’ to give an impression that the victims were carrying a bomb or some other explosive material in their car. “Had this been the case, the car would have exploded into pieces,” Mr Kalani argued, and alleged that forensic experts were distorting facts while killers of the activists were trying to hush up the case.“We totally reject the forensic report,” Dr Kalani said, and apprehended that Sukkur DIG Sharjeel Kharal and Naushahro Feroze Niaz Chandio might be transferred soon for coming out with a clear stand on the case. He complained that the so called ‘champions of Sindh cause’ did not even contact the party leadership to express their sympathy over the tragic incident, adding that only the Sukkur DIG bothered to visit the bereaved family.

“Mr Qureshi and Mr Wadho have been targeted and killed,” he insisted and called for a fair investigation.

JSQM chief Sannan Qureshi said six days had passed since the discovery of the charred bodies but no headway had been made in the investigation. He said an FIR would be lodged within a couple of days and a Sindh-wide protest over the barbaric act would be started. The protest would continue till justice was done with the victims’ families and the party, he said.

The soyem was attended by a large number of JSQM leaders, activists and supporters besides relatives and friends of the Qureshis.

Sanaan Qureshi, Dr Niaz Kalani and other central leaders later visited the graves of slain party colleagues and the bereaved families.

DAWN