Hindu girl kidnap cases to be lodged instantly -Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF)

Paksitan Press Foundtion

Hindu girl kidnap cases to be lodged instantly

Karachi: Whenever a Hindu girl goes missing anywhere in the Sindh province, an FIR against the kidnapping will be lodged in the first instance.

This decision was taken in a meeting jointly chaired by Sindh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah and MNA Faryal Talpur at the CM House on Wednesday. The meeting was attended by President Hindu Panchayat Jacobabad Mahesh Kumar and minority legislators belonging to the PPP and other political parties.

MPA Pitanber Sewani, one of the participants of the meeting, told The News that it was also decided that legislation would be carried out against instances of ‘forced conversions’. Hindu community representatives were also assured of proper security on the occasion. Kumar, who had recently informed media that Hindu families were migrating to India, told the participants that despite problems, Hindus would not leave Sindh—their motherland. He also expressed satisfaction over the government’s response.

Meanwhile, the chief minister, talking to journalists at the Iftar dinner, arranged by President People’s Doctors Forum Senator Kareem Khowaja, said the overall law and order situation in Karachi was better. He said some incidents of killings had taken place recently but they could not be termed as target killing. However, Shah, who is also incharge home minister, without elaborating, said two serious incidents had happened in the city which the government agencies were investigating.

About the financial crunch, Shah said there was no financial crisis in Sindh, but only some difficulties as the centre released funds very late, which was unjust to the province. Shah said Pir Mazhar-ul-Haq of the PPP and Dr Farooq Sattar of the MQM were leading a core committee to reach consensus over the proposed local government act in Sindh. He said it was a good omen if the both sides had reached agreement on over 80per cent of proposals, hoping the remaining 20 per cent would be accomplished soon.

The News