Business Recorder House attack case: 6 suspects detained -Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF)

Paksitan Press Foundtion

Business Recorder House attack case: 6 suspects detained

KARACHI: Despite a brazen attack on Business Recorder House on Monday evening resulting in gunshot injuries to two persons, the authorities were still unable on Tuesday to constitute a high-level team to investigate the matter.

According to police sources, several claims were made by the high-ups in central and provincial governments but no investigation agency such as Special Investigation Unit (SIU), Crime Investigation Department (CID) and Crime Investigation Agency (CIA) has been asked to initiate investigation into the attack on Business Recorder House.

“This attack should be a wake-up call for Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs). They are required to get their act together with a view to averting such terrorist attacks in future,” sources said. They said the authorities had to engage specialized investigators to investigate the Recorder House attack.

Meanwhile, Jamshed Quarters police registered an FIR (296/12) against unknown assailants under sections 324 and 334 of Pakistan Penal Code and section 7 of Anti-Terrorism Act (ATA).

Talking to Business Recorder, DSP Qaiser Ali Shah confirmed that no high-level investigation team had so far been constituted to investigate the matter.

Following the attack, the police on late Monday night conducted raid at Patel Para area and took six suspects into custody, he said.

According to him, illicit firearms were recovered from their possession.

Answering a question, he said no political affiliation of any detained person has so far been established. He added that all the suspects had a criminal record. Two of them are rickshaw drivers, according to him.

Business Recorder