65 Taliban killed in Bannu and South Waziristan
RAWALPINDI: Security forces said on Sunday they killed 65 Taliban, including foreigners, and injured 50 in various army operations in South Waziristan and Bannu during the last 24 hours.
“Thirty terrorists were killed, including a few foreigners, and 50 were injured at Makeen, South Waziristan due to the airstrike on Saturday,” the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) claimed in a statement.
It said the offensive was partially in response to the suicide attack on Dr Mufti Sarfaraz Naeemi’s madrassa, in which seven civilians were killed, and the suicide attack on the Nowshera mosque in which four security forces personnel were martyred. Another 35 Taliban were killed in fresh action by security forces in Bannu, a private TV channel reported.
It said the security forces, continuing the operation against the Taliban, had bombarded suspected Taliban hideouts from Janikhel Fort. The ISPR also said one soldier had been martyred and three injured in exchange of fire with Taliban in Kabal.
Taliban in Kala Kale injured another soldier. A cordon-and-search operation is continuing in Loe Namal, Kuz Shaur and Matta, the statement added.
Source: Daily Times